How To Apply
Grant Program Director
There are nine narrative questions you will be asked in the application. We recommend that you compose your answers offline in a separate document before beginning the online application. These are the questions:
- What is your organization’s mission?
- Please describe what your organization does to engage the public with the humanities.
- Describe the audience that your organization serves.
- How many people are served annually? (Your best estimate is acceptable.)
- How many paid staff worked for your organization prior to Wisconsin’s “Safer at Home” order (March 12, 2020)? (List the number of full-time and part-time staff, and volunteers.)
- How many staff have had their hours reduced?
- What was your organization’s total budget in 2019?
- Briefly, how has your organization been impacted financially by the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What is your most compelling financial need?
In addition to responding to the nine questions above, the application process also requires that you:
- Download, complete, and upload a simple budget and description of the expenses the grant would cover.
- Designate two key people who will be responsible for the grant, a “project director” and “fiscal agent.”
- Upload a signed W-9 form.
- Have a DUNS number per federal requirements in order to receive federal funds. A DUNS number can take up to two business days to receive. You may acquire a DUNS number from the DUNS Request Service website.
InstructionsStep 1. Create a new profile: for your organization. Caution: Do not use your browser’s back key; use the “previous” button if you need to go back. Required information has an asterisk(*). You can not proceed without the required information.
Step 2. Create your “user profile.” Your email address will be your login ID.
Step 3. After creating your profile you will see the open opportunities. Click APPLY. Caution: It’s safe practice to compose your answers offline in a separate document. Though the system autosaves, it might not save in a power outage. Note: You can save the application and come back later to finish. You must click submit by the deadline for it to be considered.